Extended Focused Assessment with Sonography for Trauma (eFAST)
Delivered by Dr Predrag Bjelogrlic, Dr Enis Cezayirli and Fraser Chisholm
The aim of this workshop is to provide participants the opportunity to familiarise themselves with the controls of the different types of the ultrasound scanners and to perform a basic eFAST scan.
This introductory course will combine previously learnt anatomical and clinical medicine with small group hands-on activity, where the participants will perform this skill on the live models.
To be confirmed
- All our short courses are delivered in English. If English is not your first language, we want to make sure you can use English well enough to study with us. You need to be able to speak, read and write English fluently so you can:
- understand lectures and teaching materials.
- produce high standards of work.
- perform well in assessments.
Any healthcare professional with interests in point-of-care ultrasound, particularly anatomy and clinical skills educators and undergraduate students.
Certificate of Completion (non-credit bearing).
In person teaching.
- To understand the basics of an ultrasound scanner including the different types of transducers.
- To understand the role of ultrasound in the assessment of blunt abdominal trauma.
- To understand the benefits and limitations of (eFAST).
- To understand the different views obtained in eFAST and their clinical significance.