Reach at the University of St Andrews
On the 28th of March Henry Rae and Fraser Chisholm delivered the REACH Scotland Medical Masterclass event in the MPL.
The University of St Andrews works with Fife secondary schools to support S4 to S6 pupils who wish to study Medicine, Economics, Management or Psychology as part of the Reach Scotland Project.
Reach members will receive support and guidance throughout the university application process, aiming to give pupils the tools, know-how and confidence to stretch themselves and succeed in higher education. The Reach Project at the University of St Andrews provides advice regarding school subject choices and a variety of events and workshops to learn more about studying Medicine, Economics, Management or Psychology. Pupils who take part in the programme will also benefit from longer term schemes to develop study skills and knowledge, as well as the ongoing support of the Reach team.
To be eligible to become a member of the Reach programme you should meet two of the following criteria:
- You attend a school that does not send many pupils onto University
- You receive Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA)
- Your patent(s) did not attend University straight from school
- You have spent time in care
- You are a young carer
- You are a refugee
- You show the ability and commitment and have the right profile of subject choice, to progress to selective areas of study
Further details on the REACH programme can be found at the link below